Thursday 6 October 2011

Clarification after progress surgery

After explaining my rationale and briefs I received some great feedback about the direction and what potential they have. While in the progress surgery it got me thinking of the concept/proposition of my cocktail supplement and what was the main idea behind it, this being 'How to teach people to make cocktails.' 

 I want to explore this brief to relate to my dissertation and explore how I can design to teach people to make cocktails in a easy and light hearted way and try and come away from the usual printed formats. There are a huge range of possibilities and directions that this could go, some great ideas were raised about using the app to promote a particular brand or new product, teach a potential barman how to make cocktails (like an exam) and a fun game that you could play in groups or on your own. The important questions that need to be answered are who and why I am doing it, as I know what I am working towards. What I need to look at now: Where cocktails are at, at this point in time. (What events, printed and interactive material people are using)

I think that with this project I would be proposing how the app worked and what it looked like for any potential app developer to pick up and develop into a working app. Other material that can go along side the app could be potential promotional material, not necessarily booklets or along those lines but subtle promotional material that can be dropped into bars and pubs where people are likely to find have an interest in making and drinking their own cocktails.

My main focus was on my the cocktail brief, but I got to explain my other 3 briefs and have had a slight rethink on what I could focus on within them. My Adopt a word adopt a word brief will be kept pretty much as it is with but I could explore how people could use their particular word, maybe introducing ways in which to use it within friendship groups etc. Due to similarity of rebranding a bar in Leeds I have put that aside just in case and it could be something I later pick up on for my FMP. I am going to have to narrow down and focus my typeface brief focusing on a particular theme and finding something within that to exploit the various possibilities of letterforms that can be generated from photographs and images collected.









I am going to have to narrow down and focus my typeface brief focusing on a particular theme and finding something within that to exploit the various possibilities of letterforms that can be generated from photographs and images collected. Some themes that I am particularly interested in are; bicycles, architecture (urban environments), trainers and found images. As I have taken out the rebranding of a bar I have substituted it with an ISTD brief that I have yet to decide and will make a decision by the end of the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment